lovely day ~
trying to capture every moment in our days, because it's so precious.
recent update :
|
It's not Sydney
written on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 @ 3:50 pm ✈
Fighting with jet lag is not an easy task..and I am still not get over from it after several days of arriving in US. But anyhow, I went to Chinatown last Sunday. Visited our favorite shop there, absolutely because of their cheapest and nicest food that we ever found out here. We bought some meat and vegetables for our weekly stocks. Steven offered me to buy marinated frog, and it reminds me..it's been ages since I ate it. Since I don't know what to do, I went out alone yesterday. I told Steven that I am going to pick him up after working. He said his office is near to WTC 911 path, so I can come along to have a look into it. Then I took subway from 116 th St. There was something that stuck on my mind. I feel the different between here and Sydney. Call me Sydney addicted but hey I feel so minority here. I couldn't find many Asian in the subway, it's like 1:20. In fact, I found lot lots of Asian in Sydney..and that's in city! Asian is the majority in city of Sydney. It feels weird...to be a minority here. I did mention about this kind of thing last time. Not only me, but all my friends. We thought we live in Sydney but we feel like we are in our home continent..all the yellow skin are around. It's Australia, but we hardly met the white skin in a large group. Sounds silly, we were complaining about this matter last time, but I am still complaining to face the fact that I live in a western country now, the real western country.  I stepped out from Park Pl station around 3 pm, and it was bloody hot. My last summer was December 2005, and after that I've never feel this kind of weather. I was so exhausted. Moreover, I couldn't find Steven's office. I walked around the 911 paths, and took this picture from a perfect spot which I found accidentally. They are building the National September 911 Memorial and Museum at the WTC, a place of remembrance, reflection and learning for generations to come. Not long after that, I found Steven's office, then there was I. I walked all the way from 222 Broadway to 580 Broadway just to check Zara. Haha! I was so tired but I urged the necessity for shopping. What a shoppaholic! =.=" I also found this shop of Muji, a japanese brand which has a simple design for the stuffs. Their products are deserve to be checked out. I had only 20 mins inside Zara then I had to get back to Steven. I walked in a rush for 15 mins but then Steven asked me to wait for a while because he stucked in the office. I went to the city hall park, it's located just in front of his office's building. It's pretty small compare to Hyde Park in Sydney ( here again, i am comparing here and Sydney ;p). One thing I just noticed from the park, it's beautifully designed with a great architecture and park plan.    I always compare Oz and US now, at least that what I've done lately. It's annoying but it's not what I am purposely do. I just not get used to this place now..but I realize I can't do this forever, I am not in Sydney anymore...I have to move on. There is another thing to learn about, acceptance...yup, I need to learn more about this, to accept all the realities that happened to me...something has to be given away, to get a better thing in return. Labels: life, park, trip
|
It's not Sydney
written on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 @ 3:50 pm ✈
Fighting with jet lag is not an easy task..and I am still not get over from it after several days of arriving in US. But anyhow, I went to Chinatown last Sunday. Visited our favorite shop there, absolutely because of their cheapest and nicest food that we ever found out here. We bought some meat and vegetables for our weekly stocks. Steven offered me to buy marinated frog, and it reminds me..it's been ages since I ate it. Since I don't know what to do, I went out alone yesterday. I told Steven that I am going to pick him up after working. He said his office is near to WTC 911 path, so I can come along to have a look into it. Then I took subway from 116 th St. There was something that stuck on my mind. I feel the different between here and Sydney. Call me Sydney addicted but hey I feel so minority here. I couldn't find many Asian in the subway, it's like 1:20. In fact, I found lot lots of Asian in Sydney..and that's in city! Asian is the majority in city of Sydney. It feels weird...to be a minority here. I did mention about this kind of thing last time. Not only me, but all my friends. We thought we live in Sydney but we feel like we are in our home continent..all the yellow skin are around. It's Australia, but we hardly met the white skin in a large group. Sounds silly, we were complaining about this matter last time, but I am still complaining to face the fact that I live in a western country now, the real western country.  I stepped out from Park Pl station around 3 pm, and it was bloody hot. My last summer was December 2005, and after that I've never feel this kind of weather. I was so exhausted. Moreover, I couldn't find Steven's office. I walked around the 911 paths, and took this picture from a perfect spot which I found accidentally. They are building the National September 911 Memorial and Museum at the WTC, a place of remembrance, reflection and learning for generations to come. Not long after that, I found Steven's office, then there was I. I walked all the way from 222 Broadway to 580 Broadway just to check Zara. Haha! I was so tired but I urged the necessity for shopping. What a shoppaholic! =.=" I also found this shop of Muji, a japanese brand which has a simple design for the stuffs. Their products are deserve to be checked out. I had only 20 mins inside Zara then I had to get back to Steven. I walked in a rush for 15 mins but then Steven asked me to wait for a while because he stucked in the office. I went to the city hall park, it's located just in front of his office's building. It's pretty small compare to Hyde Park in Sydney ( here again, i am comparing here and Sydney ;p). One thing I just noticed from the park, it's beautifully designed with a great architecture and park plan.    I always compare Oz and US now, at least that what I've done lately. It's annoying but it's not what I am purposely do. I just not get used to this place now..but I realize I can't do this forever, I am not in Sydney anymore...I have to move on. There is another thing to learn about, acceptance...yup, I need to learn more about this, to accept all the realities that happened to me...something has to be given away, to get a better thing in return. Labels: life, park, trip
|
we live under the same sky
“To put away aimlessness and weakness, and to begin to think with purpose, is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who only recognize failure as one of the pathways to attainment; who make all conditions serve them, and who think strongly, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully.”
- James Allen Quotes
~
|
my sunshine
~
|
link
~
|